By default, when you join the Open the States forum, you will receive notifications by email for activity that takes place on the forum or if a message is sent to you in the chat feature. To opt-out of emails, or to select which emails you would like to receive, please follow the steps below.
1. At the top right corner of the screen, click on the round avatar icon and select "My Account."
2. On your account page, select the "Settings" option in the bottom left box.
3. Toggle on or off the email notifications you would like to receive on the far right of each option. Scroll down to the bottom to make sure you have seen every option.
For mobile phones, follow the steps below. These steps were performed on an iPhone, but should be similar on other devices.
Tap on the hamburger menu at the top right corner of the screen.
2. Tap on the arrow next to the avatar image.
3. Scroll down to the "My Account" option.
4. Next, tap on the "My Account" box to open up the account options menu. Scroll down and tap on the "Settings" menu.
5. Toggle on or off the email notifications you would like to receive on the far right of each option. Scroll down to the bottom to make sure you have seen every option.
If you are still having issues with email notifications, please send admin or moderators a message and we will do our best to assist you.